Here is something that I came across that I thought might be helpful to work through a problem using the 12 steps. Please share your experience with this exercise.
How to write the 12 steps on a problem
1. Powerless over_________ and my Life is unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that God can restore me to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn___________ over to Him.
4. Inventory (What is my part in this?) List two fears. List two resentments.
5. Admit to God my part in this is ______________ (character defects, fear, selfishness, resentment)
6. I am entirely ready to have God remove _______ (character defect)
7. Ask God to remove ____________ (character defects listed above).
8. Make a list of those I have harmed because of this problem. Person: how harmed? Include yourself.
9. How can I make amends to each person on this list including myself? (Make the amends)
10. Continue to take inventory.
11. Keep in conscious contact with God.
12. What spiritual awakening have I had (new insight) as a result of working these steps on this specific problem?
–courtesy of Judy R.