10 Meditations – Just For Today
- Just for Today I will be happy. I will have no expectations nor will I make demands today. I will give up my need to “know” anything or “understand” anything. Instead, I shall pause and seek the will and guidance of God, which will come intuitively, if I just become still and quiet.
- Just for Today I will adjust myself to what “is”, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my “luck” as it comes, and fit myself to the “Stream of Life”.
- Just for Today I will try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
- Just for Today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.
- Just for Today It is none of my business what anyone thinks about me or about anything else and I don’t have the power to make anyone change. That’s God’s job.
- Just for Today I will remember that it is not the experience of TODAY that drives men mad -it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened YESTERDAY and the dread of what TOMORROW, may bring. I will remember that The Past is gone–it’s just an image in my mind. I also have no stake in The future for it is as yet unborn. Therefore, The Present Moment is the only real moment and it is only in The Present Moment that a conscious contact with God can be found!
- Just for Today I will cease fighting anything or anyone – even alcohol because, what I resist persists.
- Just for Today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful. I will remember that I am a Spiritual Mirror and I will choose to believe that as I give Love to the world, so the world will reflect Love back to me.
- Just for Today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, I will try to get a better perspective of my life. My goal is a “sane” peace of mind through spiritual living.
- Just for Today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do someone a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do just for exercise.
From: The next step exercises, posted elsewhere on the blog by Dave F. and Mark H.
This is a slightly different version of Just for Today that was posted earlier on the blog.